Monday 1 April 2013

Hello April ☽

The first of the month brings many things. In this case, we have April Fool's Day, Fred and George's birthday, and Edible Book Day (I'll admit, that one I had to look up). This month however, the dawning of a new month means a new beginning for me. While I'm usually against waiting for a particular date or occasion to change one's lifestyle, right now I feel like a fresh start is definitely what I need. Lately I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to prepare my usual fresh food or enjoy regular exercise, two things I'm passionate about. Especially with Easter recently, I've just finished eating my last chocolate frog from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, numerous hot cross buns, half my body weight in chocolate covered almonds and infinite amounts of Cadbury mini eggs. 


I'm not one to stress over food or what I'm eating, but lately I can definitely feel my skin, mood and energy suffering the consequences of my actions the past few weeks, so I'm more than ready to get my healthy lifestyle back on track. For the first week of 2013 I was happier and healthier than I ever have been before, eating mostly raw foods (acai bowls galore) and each day meant a bike ride and pool swim before breakfast, a walk and beach swim in the afternoon. As the weather gets colder, uni assignments and social commitments pile up, I tend to fall into lazy habits which I'm definitely ready to break. Now I'm feeling motivated and excited to stock up the fridge with lots of delicious ingredients, as well as giving my beautiful bike, runners and sports bras a good work out. 


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Ally






1 comment:

  1. im the exact same, my skin in particular has been so bad lately - need to get back on track! :)

    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete