Sunday 2 June 2013

Music Monday ♫

The days get shorter and the nights get cold.
I like the Autumn but this place is getting old.
I pack up my belongings and I head for the coast.
It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most.

Lately, I've been feeling the powers of wanderlust stronger than ever. 
The weather has turned cold, the sun is hiding away and most of my friends have either jet off overseas or are currently planning to. It's Winter when I tend to get most nostalgic for the ghosts of travels past, spending hours pouring over old iPhoto holiday snaps and counting down until my next adventure.
Right now the count currently stands at 33 days, so I'm starting to get pretty excited. My new passport is on its way at this very moment and though I know the photo will be just as horrendous, I can't wait. My heart is aching to be back in the Northern hempishere, on the sunny shores with the heat warming my skin.

To get me through the long weeks ahead, I've comprised a little playlist that allows my mind to wander with the lyrics and take me to another land, far from swotvac and looming exams. These are some of the songs frequenting my speakers at the moment:


James Taylor's 'Mexico' is another favourite of mine. I love listening to music about places I've actually been, because I end up with a beautiful mix of their lyrics and my own memories, swirled around in my head. Contrastingly, songs about places I'm yet to visit allow my imagination to run wild with possibility and excitement for future trips and experiences. 

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

1 comment:

  1. Kings of Leon are one of my favourite bands, top job on the playlist you did good. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete