Monday 29 April 2013

Music Monday ♫

The past few days have been a really difficult time for me and my family, and I've been listening to a lot of James Taylor. This song is actually my all-time favourite and most-played song, but the lyrics have never been more relevant. It's weird having your favourite song take on new meaning, and I know I'll never listen to it the same way again, but it adds even more emotion and connection for me so I think the love and appreciation has only grown stronger, despite the sad circumstances.

If you listen to only one of the songs I've posted on here throughout the course of my blog, please make sure it's this one. Go into your room, close the door, lie on your bed and really listen to the words he sings. 

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

It came out 43 years ago and I still think it's one of the most beautiful pieces of folk music I've ever heard. In searching for the video to post here I found clips of James performing this in 1970 when it was released, as well as performances within the past year, and if you closed your eyes you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. The quality of this music; the lyrics, his voice, it's all still amazing and proves that true passion and honest songwriting is timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment