Sunday 28 April 2013

Grigons & Orr ૐ


A while ago one of my lovely followers, (alitabuffalo) very thoughtfully recommended a 
cafe to me because she thought I would appreciate the decor - and boy was she right!
This place is super 70s kitch-style, all the furniture was something you would recognise from your grandparents home and it was filled with lollies and boardgames that scream childhood memories.
The cafe is Grigons & Orr Corner Store in North Melbourne, and I'm so glad to have discovered this gem (well, have it discovered for me). It really is everything I love all in one place - flowers, retro style, friendly people and, best of all, bircher muesli. I forgot to take a photo of the menu but in true 'corner store' fashion, they have spiders, floats, and about 10 different amazing flavours of milkshakes - my favourites being the 'Tim Tam' and the 'cake shake', which is literally a piece of cake in a milkshake. Have you ever heard of anything so perfect in this world?



Who else remembers Trolli gummy pizza and burgers? They were the best. Also, Melody pops!

In addition to all the old school sweets, there was also homemade baked goods.
I bought a rocky road cookie for $2 and it was incredible. A++



My muesli partner in crime, Mez

One of the best birchers I have ever had! Perfect ratios all round. I give it a solid 8/10.

Here is my outfit! I got quite a few compliments from strangers so I thought why not share it with a few more?
Flatform shoes - Asos
Sunflower Jeans
Cropped shirt - Ralph Lauren (thrifted)
Flower crown - made by a friend
Very Hungry Cattepillar bag - Lions and Unicorns

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :)
Let me know about your favourite cafes or childhood memories!









2 comments:

  1. I love your jeans! where did you get them from?
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ally, I'm the owner of Grigons and Orr. Thank you for your lovely article.

    ReplyDelete