Monday 15 April 2013

Music Monday ♫

I'm glad I have this weekly post to make, otherwise I might have gone even longer than a week and who knows when I'd remember to come and write something.

I actually posted this video on my tumblr a few days ago but decided it was worthy of a higher status, and is being officially announced here as my song of the week. It's not a particularly new song, in fact it's not even new for me, but it's one of my favourites and most played songs so I definitely want you guys to hear it!

Andy Grammer - The Biggest Man in Los Angeles

Although I much prefer the studio recorded album version, I wanted to post this live performance because it represents great memories for one of the happiest times of my life.
This video is at the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica LA, a place I discovered and fell in love with last July. I spent hours walking along eating froyo, shopping, listening to buskers, watching street performers and pinching myself that I was actually there, soaking up the California sun.

Almost all of Andy's songs are upbeat with positive vibes and uplifting lyrics, so they're great to listen to if you're feeling down, or to make you feel even better on a great day! You only need to look at the YouTube comments on the above video to see what a great influence he's had on so many people's lives. His album is my go-to shower playlist and also a favourite for bike rides on beautiful summer days. It's hard to pick only a few to show you guys but these are a couple of my other most-played:






(I'm still trying to figure out how to make those lil YouTube players where it's just the bar...
if you know how to do this, help a homegirl out!)

I really hope you guys like his music, I absolutely love every song and have only known about him since last year, even though sadly he came here in Australia. This breaks my heart so hopefully he has (or can get) a big enough fan base that he might come back and tour again asap!
 If you know any other artists or tracks that you think I might like, leave a comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment